received via the North Side Health Advisory. Contact North YMCA for more information.
Supporting Our Community – Current Activities at the North YMCA – July 2014
- Shelter Supply Drive: Blankets, twin sheet sets, feminine products, toothbrushes and toothpaste are being collected to benefit homeless adults and children at the Van Buren Front Door Shelter. Items can be dropped off at the North YMCA.
- School Supply Drive: School supplies to support 3rd Graders at Salem Elementary school are being collected now through August 13 at the North YMCA. Pencils, bar erasers and wide-ruled loose leaf paper are in most need. In the future we hope to expand this service project to support additional schools. Items can be dropped off at the North YMCA.
- Project 229 – 229 in the 43229 – Good for our ‘Hood! September 8-19 our goal is to raise funds that would ensure 229 youth and teens in our community have access to skill-building, leadership building programs at the Y!
- Fall session programs begin September 5. Activities include Teen Volleyball for girls, Flag Football, Youth Soccer, Swim Lessons for all ages and much more.
- Teen Leaders Club: A leadership club for teens that involves service learning initiatives and exploration of leadership building activities. Will begin again in September.
- Robotics Camp: An overnight at YMCA Camp Willson that introduces children to the world of Lego Robotics building!
- Teen Foundations: A free After School program for teens, grades 7 – 12. Monday – Thursday throughout the school year, teens can receive homework help and participate in a variety of programs at the Y. This is a supervised program and will start in the school year. Teens receive membership benefits by being enrolled in the program.
- Senior Wellness Fair – scheduled for the fall. More details to come at August meeting