Forest Park Civic Association Meeting Minutes: February 9, 2021

Forest Park Civic Association Meeting

9 February 2021 – Online Zoom Meeting

Meeting called to order and Pledge of Allegiance opened the meeting @ 7:02 PM by Scott Prigan

7:02 PM Meeting called to order. The Pledge of Allegiance was said.

Guest Speaker: Scott Clinger (FPCA Liaison Officer)

  1. There was an Amber Alert that had a positive ending today.
  2. Cherrywood Court Issue (Someone is regularly dumping nails and other debris at the entrance of the court). Officer Clinger believes this is targeting someone in the court. There is very little evidence. We need the neighbors in that area to work together to gather evidence/pictures. He is letting people in the precinct office know what is going on. They will do frequent checks and go by to patrol the area.
  3. Concerns were brought up about the shooting on Hazelwood. The police have issued a warrant for the suspects arrest. The CPD doesn’t want to release any more information due to a potential court case.
  4. There have been a rash of stolen cars and purses out of cars at gas stations, WHILE PEOPLE ARE PUMPING THEIR GAS. Take the keys out of your ignition and if you are alone in the car, lock the doors or secure valuables. The criminals are using this time that we are distracted to their advantage.
  5. Contact information: Scott: 614-645-1418, sclinger@columbuspolice.org

OFFICER REPORTS

President’s Report   Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca@gmail.com

  1. Very important that we reboot The Block Watch Meetings. We are looking for a volunteer to lead the meeting.
  2. Still looking for a VP. Please we need a volunteer. As a VP, you are also the primary delegate to the NCC.

Vice President’s Report  Position is Vacant

If you are interested please contact Mike Stone.

Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard loubernard3@gmail.com

  1. Attendance will be taken via Zoom Participation List (28 people attending).

Officers Present: SP, LB, CL, MS, RW, DVM, KVM, SL, AR, ER, MS, EV, DP (100% attendance)

Area Reps in Attendance: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12

Area Reps Absent: 1, 3, 6, 8, 13, 14

  1. Review new guidelines for meetings-shortened reporting time.
  2. Minutes from last month were reviewed and accepted. They are posted on the website as well as in the Forester.

Treasurer’s Report  Cheryl Lutman cllutman17@gmail.com

  1. Expenses are below budget and that seems primarily related to COVID, much due to the difficulty to do events and activities at this time.
  2. She is pleased to see our income and memberships still coming in, despite all the COVID uncertainty.  She may need to make slight adjustments to the income numbers as she had a couple of questions on items.  They won’t affect the amounts – just where they belong on the report.
  3. She will prepare a 2021 – 2022 budget and circulate prior to the March meeting.  If anyone has any input on their specific line item(s), please let Cheryl know. (See the budget in the Forester.)
  4. Treasurer’s report was reviewed and accepted.

Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra Mary.Sguerra@HERrealtors.com

  1. Discussions on the options for the possible Spring Community Garage Sale – (May 15th). It was put to a vote —  It will be held this year!
  2. Zoom links to the meetings are sent out through the email list we have collected when people become members. If you need a link, get in touch with Mary or Lou Bernard (Secretary).

Forester Editor’s Report  Rita Woeste forester_ed@fpcivic.org

  1. Some of the Feb. Foresters will be a little late in getting to you. With all of the ice and snow it is making it dangerous to deliver. One of our delivery people fell on the ice. Please be careful. Get better fast, George!
  2. Articles due Thursday, February 18th — PLEASE.
  3. Thanks to Dennis and Stewart for their “Area Rep” bios. We need lots of new articles! Area reps. send your bios to Rita for upcoming “Meet Your Rep” articles.

Supplemental Security Report  Daryl Van Mercetta dvanmercetta@gmail.com, Katie Van Mercetta kvanmercetta@gmail.com

  1. Daryl has been getting lots of people calling him and asking him to “step-in” to confront neighbors about their poor behavior or code violations. Remember, this is NOT Daryl’s job. He is the liaison between the supplemental security company and the FPCA. He does not drive the security car or work for the company. He does not get involved in disputes in the neighborhood. You can call him to arrange for the security company to do a check on your property if you are on vacation. If you see something that does not look right, you need to call the Columbus Police Department.
  2. Officer Clinger gave the information that Daryl had in his report.
  3. He will continue to work with the residents of Cherrywood Ct. and Officer Clinger.

Business Representative  Sheridan Landin – sheridanlandon@yahoo.com  Alan Ray – aray.bergahorn@gmail.com

  1. Horizon School has renewed its business membership.
  2. C. Lutman will be going back through records to find business records for memberships for the past year. A. Ray will be working to create that list, but it has not been created yet.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – eclaire1226@gmail.com

  1. Ellin has Welcome Folders for each area ready to pick up.  Please send her a text message to 614-506-3386 to arrange a time to get them.  Thanks!

Volunteer Coordinator Mike Stone msto0103@yahoo.com

  1. We are still looking for a vice president and social committee chairperson.
  2. Information about a Block Watch Coordinator will be created by Mike’s committee and given out.
  3. We are also looking for a back up coordinator for the Forester delivery. They would help with coordinating the delivery each month. This is not the head coordinator, just a back-up.
  4. Mike apologized to anyone who tried to get on his Membership Zoom meeting. He had the wrong time, new Zoom meeting and time – Feb. 24th @ 7pm. Email will be sent out. Topics: media support, social media support, and brainstorm for summer membership drive.

Social Activities Report Position is Vacant

If you are interested please contact Mike Stone.

NCC Representative  Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca@gmail.com  Ken Gilbert gave a report.

  1. Discussed new policy at CPD as to how they will be handling non-violent crimes.
  2. Library is moving along–moving in at the end of May. Going to be opening in the Fall.

NCC Development Representative Ed Vanasdale evanasdale@insight.rr.com Dave Paul dwpaul@fpcivic.org

  1. Two graphics/sign applications and 2 rezoning applications:
  • The Space Shop, old Giant Eagle, sign needs a new permit to use the sign. It was approved.
  • The former Huntington Center @ Morse Rd & Cleveland Ave. is being purchased by Toyota for dealership.
  • 5555 Sinclair Rd. – old Al Rosa Villa. Redeveloped as affordable multi family housing. Now looking to rezone it. It was supported.
  • National Church Residence looking to develop corner of Cleveland Ave. and Bretton Woods Dr. Redeveloped into 62 units multifamily affordable housing.
  1. Former Sequoia Pool on Cherrywood. Still owned by the United Muslim Society. They are approved to operate at a   church. It appears they are currently adding to the facility for a prayer area.
  2. If you have any questions feel free to contact Dave.

Website Administrator Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca@gmail.com

  1. FPCIVIC.ORG is our website. Make sure to sign up for updates.
  2. When you become a member, your email address is added to the Listserv – it is this list that gets emailed out the Zoom links.

Old Business  Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca@gmail.com

  1. Dave Paul to share what he learned about the old swimming pool site behind the Sequoia Bowling Alley. (See above report)
  2. No movement on signage issue.
    1. 5 signs still left: Teakwood at Aqua / Maple Canyon at Sumac  /  Northtown at Kilbourne  /  Minerva Park Pl.  / Satinwood and Pegwood – 5 missing signs and/or posts.
    2. The sign committee will have a meeting after the FPCA meeting tonight.
  3. No movement on 501(c)(3) issue. The IRS is moving very slow due to the shut down.

New Business  Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca@gmail.com

  1. Graffiti on Morse Rd. Railroad Bridge by Sinclair Rd.- it has been reported to the city.

Meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM

Leave a Comment. (On this Post only. Please see Contact Page for other concerns.)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *