|President’s Report Scott Prigan email@example.com
7:03 Meeting called to order and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- Our meeting this month was LIVE and in person at the Epworth United Methodist Church on Karl Rd.! with live streaming on the Facebook Group! Welcome back to everyone-our first in person meeting since March 2020! We will be following COVID protocol. All speakers will come forward to give report so they will be on camera for the folks at home.
- Attendance was taken by roll call by the secretary.
- We are still waiting for confirmation on our 501c3 status.
|Vice President’s Report Ryan Finke firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are now live streaming our monthly meetings on FPCA Facebook page. If you attend online, you are welcome to participate by leaving comments or using Facebook Messenger to send us a note. I will voice all written notes during the meeting.
- I’m working on a few projects: communications ideas to help get new neighbors connected with the FPCA, small design updates to the Forester newsletter, adding relevant Forest Park social media conversations to the Forester content, and helping communicate the value of the FPCA to neighbors.
- I am looking to make a difference, so if anyone has a project idea, please let me know. I’m happy to help.
|Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard email@example.com
- Spelling correction to last month’s minutes in the Forester: our liaison officer’s name is Dan Yandrich.
- Attendance will be taken via Zoom Participation List.
- Officers/Committee Chairs Present: SP, RF, LB, CL, MS, DVM, KVM, SL, MS, EV, KG
- Officers/Committee Chairs Absent: RW, AR, ER, DP, FQ (Social Activities Chair remains vacant)
- Area Reps in Attendance: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11
- Area Reps Absent: 3, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 (Areas 13 and 14 remain vacant )
- Minutes from June’s meeting were voted on and accepted into the record.
|Treasurer’s Report Cheryl Lutman firstname.lastname@example.org
(See the budget spreadsheet in this month’s Forester)
- Here are the financials for June. The large expenses include:
- $528.63 towards the new signage for the neighborhood. This is a non-budget item, but we will pay from our cash reserves.
- $1,570 for our bulk mail permit and to put money in our account for the membership mailing
- $497.51 for new folders for the Welcome Committee
- We are still down on memberships from last year, but hopefully as we continue to do outreach, more people will join. PayPal memberships continue to come in as well as ones in the mail – just not as many as early June.
|Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra Mary.Sguerra@HERrealtors.com
- It is relatively quiet. Not many people are reporting disturbances.
- Sept. 18 is the date for the Fall Community Garage Sale. Start gathering your stuff now.
- New signs were put up on the islands about the 4th of July and tonight’s meeting.
|Forester Editor’s Report Rita Woeste email@example.com Absent
- Rita was out of town and didn’t make tonight’s meeting. Articles for the August issue of the Forester due by this coming FRIDAY, July 16th. Foresters will be stuffed the following Friday, July 23rd and out to delivery folks to do the following week.
- Will include in August Forester: Garage Sale on 9/18. If anyone has any info about Night Out activities, send it to me for the August issue.
- Someone take pics of the first IN PERSON meeting in a long time and will put those pictures in the Forester.
|Supplemental Security Report Daryl Van Mercetta firstname.lastname@example.org, Katie Van Mercetta email@example.com Dan Yandrich (CPD Liaison Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org
- There were lots of calls about the amount of fireworks through the months of June and July.
- We are getting many residence/vacation checks.
- Will be reaching out to Officer Yandrich this month. He sent out an email on July 6th about June Homicide States. That was forwarded to all members by Secretary Lou B.
- A question was asked about the confidentiality of the vacation checks by the supplemental security company. The FPCA receives the notification for the request and forwards it to the Supplemental Security Coordinator, who then forwards it to the security company. Those are the only people who know if you are leaving of vacation.
|Business Representative Sheridan Landin – email@example.com Alan Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org Absent
- If you are a business owner (or know a business owner) in the FP or Northland area contact Sheridan or Alan to become a business member.
- Not much news to report.
|Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – email@example.com Absent
New folders from VistaPrint have been ordered, and they should arrive any day now. They have a QR code on the front that links to the Forest Park Civic Association website. As soon as they get here, she will be able to start assembling folders for our new neighbors (from the beginning of the year) and will bring them to next month’s meeting.
|Volunteer Coordinator Mike Stone firstname.lastname@example.org Absent
- We are still looking for help with deliveries.
- We are also looking for a person to take over the Social Activities Coordinator – you do have a budget!!
- We have 310+ memberships so far, and many people are donating more than the $25 because they know how valuable the FPCA is to the neighborhood.
- A constant comment that Mike gets is “What is in it for me?”
- Vacation checks by supplemental security
- The Forester newsletter
- NCC contribution
- Neighborhood patrolling by supplemental security
- Island beautification
- Community events: garage sale, picnics, etc.
- Mike is leaving his position as Volunteer Coordinator by the end of Aug. or beginning of Sept. He is looking for someone to take his place and is very willing to work with you to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible.
- A SUPER big THANK YOU to all those who volunteered to make the membership drive a success!
|Social Activities Coordinator Position is Vacant
If you are interested please contact Mike Stone or Scott Prigan.
|NCC Representative Ken Gilbert email@example.com
- Ken thanked Scott for honoring him with this new position. He represents all of us at the Northland Community Council. If you have any concerns, please contact him.
- Safe Streets Program by the CPD: “The Safe Streets program coordinated a collaborative program working with other City departments, including Code Enforcement, the Solid Waste Inspector, the City Attorney’s office, members of the Environmental Court, and community leaders to address quality of life issues at a street level for residents of the Linden, Hilltop and South Side communities.” North Side Safe Streets firstname.lastname@example.org 614.645.3660
- Our new CPD liaison officer is Dan Yandrich (CPD Liaison Officer) email@example.com
- The Karl Rd. Library is slated to open the week of Sept. 1st
- NABA Golf Outing will be Sept 15th. If you want to play or sponsor us, Trevor Secord (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the chair.
- Many bicycle and pedestrian accidents in the Northland area. Please everyone be careful.
- National Night Out is the 1st Tues. in Aug.
- The NCC Picnic will replace our FPCA August 10th meeting. @ Northland Swim Club 6pm, bring a side dish or dessert to share. Meat and buns will be provided.
- The Bhutanese Community of Central Ohio was voted in to become the newest member of the NCC.
- Last week was the successful 161 Clean-up day. Thanks to all who participated.
|NCC Development Representative Ed Vanasdale email@example.com Dave Paul firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Cases were heard: 1) the Moo Moo Car Wash planned to open on N. Hamilton Rd. had issues with parking. It was resolved. 2) The new Sheetz is slated to open by the end of 2021. It will be located at 975 E. Dublin-Granville Rd. They wanted a variance for a larger temporary sign for their grand opening, and to allow it to be displayed for a longer period of time. Both cases were approved.
|Website Administrator Scott Prigan email@example.com
Please check it out! Lots of good info. Calendar feed, etc.
|Old Business Scott Prigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign Committee Update: the proposal was voted on and the money was approved at last month’s meeting. The sign company will be notified to start production.
- Some neighborly requests to look into incorporating into FPCA. Discussion followed. There are ways for individuals to become associate members. The executive board will discuss/explore this. The issue is pretty complex and they will report back throughout the coming months.
|New Business Scott Prigan email@example.com
No FPCA meeting in August → NCC Picnic will replace the August 10th meeting. It will be held at the Northland Swim Club (5006 Almont Dr, Columbus, OH 43229) – 6pm, bring a side dish or dessert to share. Meat and buns will be provided.
Meeting adjourned: 7:50