Forest Park Civic Association Meeting minutes
Date: Feb 8, 2022
Location: Epworth United Methodist Church and Zoom
Meeting called to order @ 7:04 PM by Scott Prigan
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Attendance was taken via role call/Zoom Participant List.
President’s Report Scott Prigan – firstname.lastname@example.org
1) The slate of officers, committee chairs and area reps was approved in Jan. Installation of Board members present was performed by Sarah C. Pomeroy, Assistant City Attorney, Zone Initiative, Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein’s Office.
2) Guest Speaker: Sarah Pomeroy – a brief update on the 161 hotel situation and any other matters possibly of interest to FPCA. The city has not approved 4 hotel licenses in the North end this year without significant clean-up in code violations: The Super 8, The Columbus Grand, The Norwood, and Am. Best Value Inn. Legal action looks to be pending to get them to follow the code. She will look into the after hours club that has taken over the space of the old Elks Club by the Sequoia Bowling Lanes. (NOTE: 4 days later there was a shooting resulting in a homicide in this very same area.)
3) Sidewalks: Please shovel your sidewalks. Many of our neighbors use the sidewalks to get to and from work. Please be respectful of them and shovel your walks in front of your house or business.
4) The membership drive will be coming up before too long.
Vice President’s Report No Report – The position is now vacant.
Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard – email@example.com
- Officers/Committee Chairs Present: SP, LB, CL, RW, MS, DVM, SL, AR, ER, SB, KG, EV
- Officers/Committee Chairs Absent: LK-B, DP, FQ
- Area Reps in Attendance: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12
- Area Reps Absent: 7, 8, 10, 13, 14 (Areas 13, and 14 remain vacant )
2) January minutes were reviewed and approved.
Treasurer’s Report Cheryl Lutman – firstname.lastname@example.org
The budget process starts in February. If any officers, committee chairs or reps have input or potential items for the budget, please contact Cheryl ASAP!
Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra – Mary.Sguerra@HERrealtors.com
No Report (But the signs at the entrance of FP look great Mary! Thank you!
Forester Editor’s Report Rita Woeste – email@example.com
1) Articles are due to Rita by Feb. 17 for the Mar. Forester. A few upcoming Forester article deadlines: Mar. 17 for the April issue, and Apr. 14 for the May issue.
2) Rita is still concerned about the number of homes that are not receiving their Forester each month. She will attempt to get hold of David Laughlin for exact streets. We are looking for volunteers to deliver. High school students can help deliver the Forester and get community service hours for doing so.
1) There are very few requests for house checks.
2) The police department is starting Operation Broken Windows to remove abandoned cars from the street. See the story here: https://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/columbus-division-of-police-operation-broken-windows-removes-abandoned-vehicles-from-hilltop-neighborhood-franklin-county-2-9-2022
3) Please do not leave your car unattended when you warm it up in the morning.
Sheridan thanked those who helped get the business member names to him. This is very helpful when he meets with other business owners, especially since we now have a link to them on our website. He has been doing some canvassing with local area businesses.
Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellin is still creating more folders. When she get a significant amount she will let area reps know to come and pick them up.
Volunteer Coordinator Scott Biggs – email@example.com
1) Thanked all volunteers to all FP volunteers for keeping this a great place to live.
2) He has received many comments about neighbors helping neighbors with snow and ice removal.
3) The goal is to get 50 new volunteers by end of March, spread the word and make FPCA accessible to all.
4) Scott’s new email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Working on a FP Community Craft Fair and the Mulch Sale in the Spring. Look for details to come.
Social Activities Report Liz Kengeter-Bash – email@example.com – Absent No Report
NCC Representative Ken Gilbert – firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Police liaison wants to remind everyone–DO NOT let your car warm up unattended. Car thefts are still on the rise.
2) ID Theft still continues to be a problem. Be aware of fraudulent banks. Contact Ken for more info on this.
3) Little Turtle residents lost a few trees in an easement area when contractors cut them down. Due to residents’ quick action, the process was stopped and many trees were saved.
4) Karl Rd. Library has social services stationed there: HEAP – help with heating and utilities, and City of Columbus Social Works
5) NCC is holding the annual volunteer appreciation banquet. The cost is $35. Pres Scott Prigan, will be nominating 2 volunteers to attend.
6) The 4th of July Parade is on. To volunteer: email@example.com Additional Information: website – www.northlandparade.org
3 cases were heard: 1) 4048 Morse Rd. Dermatology group needed more parking. Approved by NCC, 2) Kemba Financial wants to add more parking on N. Hamilton site. Approved by NCC, 3) 4960 E. Dublin-Granville Rd., they are building a multistory building. They would like to add more signage to the building. Approved with some conditions.
Website Administrator Scott Prigan – firstname.lastname@example.org
1) You can subscribe to get email updates when new things are published on the site. Check it out, there is lots of good info on the site.
2) Trash/Recycling days are always posted.
- For the web site, you can add/remove (or both to change) your email address as desired.
- For the LIST (from …@lists.fpcivic.org) contact Dave Paul. Please NEVER unsubscribe to an item relayed from the city, etc., lest you unsubscribe us all!
1) Rita will let the USPS know that Treasurer, Cherly Lutman, is the contact person.
2) All paperwork has been turned in concerning the application for the 501(c)(3). We are waiting for info from the IRS.
1) FP Sign Committee received a thank you note from the Sherwin family on Sumac Loop N thanking them for the great job on the Maple Canyon sign.
2) Rita always has extra Foresters. If you are an area business or heading out to one, you can request some to drop off from Rita and she will get them to you.
Meeting adjourned at 8:01 PM