Since its charter in 1962, the Forest Park Civic Association, a non-profit, all-volunteer organization, has performed a vital function in the community. It sponsors and coordinates a fine array of activities for all its residents. The FPCA represents the community to city government agencies, developers, builders, and local merchants. It offers distinguished speakers and informative programs at its general meetings, held four times a year.
The FPCA represents nearly 3000 households and businesses located within Forest Park. As your Civic Association, we:
- Publish and deliver The Forester, our monthly community newsletter, to more than 3000 homes in and around Forest Park.
- Maintain and update the Forest Park Web site at www.fpcivic.org with news and information about our community.
- Welcome new residents and provide them with information on our community and local businesses, schools and churches.
- Update and publish the Forest Park Directory every three years and deliver copies to all paid FPCA member households.
- Plan and organize community activities and events for both kids and adults, including:
- Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Party, Block Party at the YMCA, Gabby’s Night
- July 4th “Bikes & Trikes” Parade with awards for all!
- Forest Park Community Garage Sale in the Spring and Fall
- Front Yard Beautification Contest (with awards for both East and West)
- Contract and manage Supplemental Security Patrols by private security officers to help prevent and detect crime throughout our community.
- Coordinate and provide resources to Neighborhood Block Watch programs in Forest Park East and West, with support by and the participation of the Columbus Division of Police.
- Sponsor presentations by guest speakers from city government, associations, local schools and other organizations at our general meetings, held four times a year.
- Maintain entrance islands at Sandalwood Place and Karl Road, including flower planting and sign maintenance.
- Help residents contact and work with city agencies on community and neighborhood issues, such as code enforcement, street repair, snow removal and street lighting.
- Are one of 25 area Civic Associations that make up the Northland Community Council (NCC), which collectively represent over 100,000 Northland residents. (The FPCA was one of the founding members of the NCC in 1964.)
- Provide a representative on the NCC Development Committee, which meets with developers and businesses monthly to help control undesirable zoning and development in Forest Park and surrounding areas.
- Support local business organizations, such as the Northland Area Business Association (NABA), the NABA 161 Task Force and the Northland Alliance.
- Organize and participate in Route 161 beautification activities & tree planting.
Please explore the Calendar, and drop down menus above, for more News and Information!
This is the home on the Web for residents of the Forest Park community in northeast Columbus (Franklin County), Ohio. Using this site, you can learn more about our community, read about the activities of the Forest Park Civic Association (FPCA), view maps of Forest Park, and obtain many other kinds of useful information.