Keeping in Touch: Meetings and Communication in an era of Pandemic

When we are trying to do the things of a community in the pandemic predicament, Communication is important enough to be capitalized. And ironically, this period will make us better and stronger in the long run. I’ve seen this with churches and other organizations as well. I can remember back in the day when it was a Big Deal that a religious congregation managed to make a conference call so that shut-in folks would be able to hear some of the music and a sermon. Now we are in an era when we are figuring out how to do an entire religious service, a board meeting, a city council meeting, or even a happy hour through some shared means such as YouTube or Zoom. And this is something that will continue when things return to “normal” — whatever that may be.

So let me share a few things about communication, in the narrow context of how to participate in our Forest Park Civic Association meetings, but likely applicable to all kinds of things in our 21st Century world.

Where do I get the news — and not “fake news” — or just the end of the “telephone game,” where the message gets transformed as it goes from ear to ear to ear …  ?

At FPCA, you want to check the web site, https://www.fpcivic.org/

Don’t look to Facebook first (in anything!) At Facebook we are not the customer: we are the product being sold. Facebook’s secondary business is in capturing eyeballs (to sell stuff). Facebook’s primary business is in capturing information about the persons associated with those eyeballs, so that they can sell us, and make even more profit. They can even glean this information when you are not on their site (or Ap), through persistent sign-in, buried links, beacons, aggregation of information from other sources. (“Big Brother” is not the IRS, or even the NSA; it’s Facebook, Google, other mega tech corporations.)

Now it is possible  to use Facebook somewhat to get our message out. (We syndicate a link to many posts from our web site to our official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fpcivic/ .) But be wary of anything on such a secondary source. Whether it’s the FPCA, the Columbus Dispatch, a governmental agency, or anything else; check the original if you have any doubts. (Likewise, if you ever get a “message purporting to be from me, your pastor, imam, doctor, etc., telling you to buy gift cards and send info … it’s just another lower level scam trying to make profit at your expense!)

Another new phenomenon in our current tech world is “zoom bombing” or similar. An ill-intending party gets hold of a meeting link, and either infiltrates the meeting to disrupt it — OR lurks in the meeting seeking to glean personal information (including on chats) to use for identity theft, harassment, or other nefarious purpose. For this reason we will not publicly post a link to our meeting, and ask you please do not post any meeting link on any social media! (There might be a time in the future when we can “broadcast” our meetings … on Youtube or the like. This is less risky, as it exposes only what is seen “in the room” in a unidirectional manner – like traditional TV.)

So, for some concrete suggestions on how to participate in our meetings (and generally keep in touch) at FPCA.

  1. Join Forest Park Civic Association   Before we start any list, this is the prerequisite. Don’t be Freddie Freeloader. Be one of us!  This will take care of getting you on our email list, so you receive the meeting link when it is available. Mission accomplished. (Please do not post any meeting link on any social media!)
  2. Should you be a member and not be on the list (change email, etc.), contact Mr. Dave Paul. He will gladly update your email address for the contact list (technically a “listserv”). But remember, Dave is a volunteer, and a busy guy, so get in touch with him promptly, and be patient, if you need a change: dwpaul [at] fpcivic [dot] org .
  3. If you have procrastinated, or it is otherwise closer to a meeting date, contact your Area Representative or an FPCA officer for a link. Don’t wait to the last minute, and use the email addresses on the Contact FPCA page. This is a good opportunity to check out which Area you are in, and connect to your Area Rep., through the Forest Park East and West Maps! (Texts to random phone numbers, comments on unrelated web site articles, screaming at the postal carrier are not effective strategies.)
  4. Subscribe on the web site for things posted at the official source as well. (Things don’t get algorithmed down there because we refuse to pay Facebook! Anyone who has tried to promote their small business knows about this)
  5. Did I say, Please do not post any meeting link on any social media!

It’s so good to be sharing a place we can all call HOME.

Your president, Scott Prigan.

Forest Park Civic Association Meeting Minutes: January 12, 2021

Forest Park Civic Association Meeting

12 Jan 2021 – Online Zoom Meeting

Meeting called to order and Pledge of Allegiance opened the meeting @ 7:03 PM by Felix Quachey

OFFICER REPORTS

President’s Report  Felix Quachey fquachey [at] AmFam [dot] com  Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. The slate for the new board officers, committee chairs, and area reps was reviewed, voted on and passed. We are still looking for a few positions: 1) Vice President, 2) Social Committee Chair, and Area Reps for Areas 13 and 14. If you are interested please contact Mike Stone @ msto0103 [at] yahoo [dot] com
  2. All members of the Board were sworn in by Sarah Pomeroy, Columbus City Attorney.
  3. Scott Prigan took over as FPCA President. Thank you Felix for all of your years of service to FPCA!!
  4. FPCA membership has gone up from last year. We need to still continue to work together through this pandemic.

Vice President’s Report  Position is Vacant  If you are interested please contact Mike Stone.

Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard loubernard3 [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Attendance will be taken via Zoom. (26 people in attendance)

Officers Present: FQ, SP, LB, DH, MS, RW, DVM, SL, AR, ER, MS, EV, DP (100% attendance)

Area Reps in Attendance: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11

Area Reps Absent: 1, 3, 6, 8, 12, 13

  1. The FPCA received a letter and donation from Mr. James Cherryholmes. His mother and father used to live on Satinwood Dr. They were long time members of the FPCA. His mother had recently passed and the house was sold. See the letter in the Forester.

Treasurer’s Report  Dan Hartzell danbob1 [at] email [dot] com  Cheryl Lutman cllutman [at] yahoo [dot] com

  1. Dan’s last meeting as acting Treasurer. Thank you Dan for your 11+ years of service to the FPCA. We welcome Cheryl to her new position!
  2. Dan went through line items on the budget. We are still ahead of the budget, year-to-date. You can find the Treasurer’s Report and budget in this month’s Forester. Budget was voted on and passed.

Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra Mary.Sguerra [at] HERrealtors [dot] com

  1. New signs were added at the entrance of Forest Park off Karl Rd.
  2. Received a few phone calls about trucks illegally parking on the street. Remember to call (614) 645-3111 if you have any issues in your neighborhood.

Forester Editor’s Report  Rita Woeste forester_ed [at] fpcivic [dot] org

  1. Working on a list of Forester due dates for the 2021 year, usually the 15th-17th of each month.
  2. We need articles for the Forester. Come on all you budding journalists & authors, we need you! Articles for Feb. are due Jan.21st.
  3. Would like photos of all Area Reps, so that people in FP can get to know their Reps.
  4. Foresters are still being stuffed in the homes of volunteers, and then distributed to the “Deliverers”. Thank you to all those who help out.

Supplemental Security Report  Daryl Van Mercetta dvanmercetta [at] gmail [dot] com, Katie Van Mercetta kvanmercetta [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Many vacation house check requests coming in.
  2. Reports of gunfire. A woman at Kroger had her purse stolen. Stay vigilant and look out for your neighbors. Keep your eyes open and report when needed.
  3. Keep your doors on your car and house locked. People are out looking in vehicles.
  4. Bonnie Freeman is sending Columbus Police pictures from the local Ring doorbells of people approaching houses and cars at night.
  5. Scott (President) would like to see the Block Watch get their meetings going again. He would like to get then going with a Zoom call just like the FPCA meetings are doing.

Business Representative  Sheridan Landin – sheridanlandon [at] yahoo [dot] com  Alan Ray – aray.bergahorn [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. The business reps took December off from visiting local businesses. They plan to pick up the pace in January.
  2. They will be working with the Forester editor to get the business members listed in the publication.
  3. If there are local business people that you are in contact with, please have a conversation about joining, and let Sheridan know.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Welcome Committee Chair  Ellin Ray – eclaire1226 [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Ellin has lots of Welcome Folders for Area Reps; please contact Ellin to arrange a pick up time.
  2. There was a discussion about new items that need to go into the new Welcome Folders.
  3. New folders need to be picked up and distributed. Area Reps please contact Ellin to arrange a time to get your bag of Welcome Folders for your area.

Volunteer Coordinator Mike Stone msto0103 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  1. Welcome to all the new board members, committee chairs, and reps.
  2. The mask delivery program has gone well, continuing to work on the Senior Services Support Committee.
  3. One objective for the committee this year is to get more involvement from the Nepali, Butanese, and Latino committee.
  4. Weds., Jan. 27th Membership Committee meeting. Zoom link through the FP listserv.
  5. Will get job descriptions of Area Reps and vacant positions to Rita for publication in the Forester.

Social Activities Report Position is Vacant   If you are interested please contact Mike Stone.

NCC Representative  Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. A presentation from Aunt Bertha Social Services Referral Network. They operate www.findhelp.org, a website that is a clearinghouse for information for people who need many different kinds of assistance. The website is very well laid out and very user friendly. The presenter pointed out that “food” is the most searched for item on the site. We have a lot of neighbors in need.
  2. NCC held yearly elections. They are looking for a new secretary.
  3. FPCA has attended almost every meeting over the past years. We were a founding member of the NCC in 1963! Congrats to our Reps for almost perfect attendance! 😉

NCC Development Representative Ed Vanasdale evanasdale [at] insight [dot] rr [dot] com Dave Paul dwpaul [at] fpcivic [dot] org

  1. The caseload was huge. National Church Residence project off Cleveland Ave. changed their project to include more units (affordable senior housing). NCC was not very happy about this. Scioto Materials Plant off Rt. 3. The asphalt company is now taking in scrap asphalt. NCC is opposing the variance due to health and noise concerns of the new process.
  2. The plan for the new Sheetz gas station & rerouting Roche Dr. is moving ahead (@ old Walgreens near I-71)

Website Administrator Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Please check out the website and SUBSCRIBE. You can subscribe/unsubscribe at the same link: https://www.fpcivic.org/about/subscribe/ . Lots of good info and places to contribute.
  2. When you fill in your name on the membership form, it gets added to the LISTSERV (email list). Dave Paul dwpaul [at] fpcivic [dot] org administers this list.
  3. THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT LISTS: you want to be on BOTH.
  4. Also, if you are looking for a good volunteer opportunity, and are interested in tech, email Scott and he will hook you up.

Old Business  Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. We are still waiting to hear back from the IRS to approve the EIN necessary before we can apply for 501(c)(3). We are hoping to gain this status for the FPCA for the many positive things it will bring to the Association.
  2. “Welcome to Forest Park” signs in disrepair. Lou B. will contact Felix and get all of the info he has. Ed V. will pull all of his info and begin to work up an estimate and proposal to present to the Board at the next meeting.

New Business  Scott Prigan scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Dave Paul will look into getting some info about what is going on at the old Sequoia Pool for the next meeting.
  2. Feb. 9th next meeting via Zoom.

Meeting adjourned: 8:51 pm

Submitted by Lou Bernard, FPCA Secretary

City Council Asks for Community Input on Reimagining Safety in Columbus

As your FPCA Representatives, we encourage thoughtful contributions to this process.

December 30, 2020

City Council Asks for Community Input on Reimagining Safety in Columbus
Survey to Help Inform Path Forward

[COLUMBUS, OH] Columbus City Council invites residents to participate in a community survey designed to gain further insight on how to establish alternative crisis response models, invest in accountability and a better Division of Police, and invest in violence prevention.

The survey opened on December 21, 2021, and is available online at www.surveymonkey.com/r/ReimagineSafety.

“Over the summer, Council announced its intention to push forward how we reimagine safety together. This survey asks how the community wants to invest in violence prevention, accountability and begin to stand-up a more comprehensive crisis response system,” said Council President Shannon G. Hardin. “This is one more step in our community’s process to build a safer, stronger City.”

The survey is another step in Council’s commitment to reimagining public safety driven by the people. In partnership with the Saunders PR Group, residents will participate in virtual town halls, focus group discussions and hearings. The information will be quantified to inform a comprehensive safety strategy that reinvests in neighborhoods, realigns safety protocols to specific community needs while creating a more equitable Columbus.

“Any plan to tackle the violence in our city must have residents’ voices at the center,” said President Pro Tem Elizabeth Brown. “The 2021 operating budget process is our opportunity to invest in better public safety while also addressing the underlying economic insecurity among residents that is linked to it.”

The 16-question survey asks users for their insights into safety in Columbus and how they want to see Council advance a budget that keeps all neighborhoods safe.

“We must listen to our community if we are to improve safety and successfully invest in our neighborhoods,” said Councilmember Mitchell J. Brown, chair of the Public Safety committee. “We want to hear from as many voices as possible. I encourage you to participate in this survey.”

For more information about the Columbus City Council Reimagining Safety Initiative, visit www.columbus.gov/reimaginesafety/.

Forest Park Civic Association Meeting Minutes: November 11, 2020

FPCA Meeting 11-10-2020 (via ZOOM)

OFFICER REPORTS
President’s Report   Felix Quachey – fquachey [at] AmFam [dot] com

  1. 7:01 meeting called to order. Pledge of Allegiance was said.
  2. The Hazelwood property is boarded up. The court case is currently in progress. The court date has not been set yet. For now the house is vacant. 
  3. Felix Q. will not be seeking another term as President of FPCA. We are looking for volunteers to run for his position.
  4. Dan H. is stepping down from being treasurer of FPCA after many years. We are looking for a volunteer to step up, and Dan will be helping you to walk you through the process! Thank you so much Dan!!
Vice President’s Report  Scott Prigan – scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. 501(c)(3) status update: We have not rec’d any info from the feds. IRS is a bit slow! When we receive any info, we will pass it along to you.
Secretary’s Report  Lou Bernard – loubernard3 [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Attendance will be taken via Participant’s List.
    1. Officers and Committee Chairs in Attendance: FQ, SP, DH, LB, RW, MS, DVM, MS, and SL. 
    2. Officers and Committee Chairs Absent: EV, AR, PW, and ER
    3. Area Representatives in attendance: 11, 12
    4. Area Representatives Absent: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,13, 14
  2. Minutes from last month have been approved. If there are any corrections to the minutes, please submit any corrections to Lou.
  3. 18 people showed up for this month’s Zoom meeting.
Treasurer’s Report  Dan Hartzell – danbob1 [at] email [dot] com

  1. $275 in membership dues! We are +3 memberships from this time last year!
  2. We are ahead of budget this year, due to not publishing The Forester for 3 months. 
  3. The budget was accepted and passed. See budget in this month’s Forester. 
Public Relations Officer’s Report  Mary Sguerra – Mary.Sguerra [at] HERrealtors [dot] com

  1. Not a whole lot going on. There have been a few complaints. Nothing too significant, though.
  2. It was suggested that since there is a Forest Park “Buy and Sell” page on Facebook,maybe use this as a resource to advertise for future Yard Sales. Mary will look into it.
Forester Editor’s Report   Rita Woeste – forester_ed [at] fpcivic [dot] org

  1. All articles are due this Friday for the Dec. Forester
  2. We have 1 new business ad coming, and a possible other one on the way.
  3. The January issue is always published online. Articles for January The Forester need to be sent to Rita by the end of November.
  4. Mike Stone will be putting in a list of officers into The Forester and write an article about looking for the open positions.
  5. Thanks to all people who are writing articles.
Supplemental Security Officer’s Report  Daryl Van Mercetta – dvanmercetta [at] gmail [dot] com , Katie Van Mercetta – kvanmercetta [at] gmail [dot] com 

  1. Not many of anything to report. They have been making patrols, a few vacation requests.
  2. Please don’t burn your leaves. There have been numerous reports about people in FP that are burning their leaves. This is against city code!
COMMITTEE REPORTS
Business Representative’s Report  Sheridan Landin – sheridanlandon [at] yahoo [dot] com , Alan Ray – aray.bergahorn [at] gmail [dot] com Absent

  1. Sheridan went around to about 6 more businesses, and continues to return to other businesses with whom he has already made contact. He is making good contacts with the local business owners. Hoping the business memberships pick up. If you have a local business and would like to advertise in The Forester, please contact Sheridan or Alan.
  2. He is concerned that the new business members are not listed in the Forester. We need to have an updated list from the Treasurer to The Forester Editor to get their names in the edition. 
Welcome Committee Chair’s Report  Ellin Ray – eclaire1226 [at] gmail [dot] com Absent

  1. We will be putting Welcome Folders together for all new homeowners since the Covid-19 shutdown began in March. We will be asking for volunteers to deliver the folders. There will be no face to face contact, the plan is to drop them off inside the front door. Look for the Welcome folders in December, it will take a little time to get them all ready.
Volunteer Coordinator’s Report  Mike Stone – msto0103 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  1. Mike is looking for info about a contact in the Nepali/Bhutanese community. Dave Paul shared info from NCC.
  2. Welcome to Ryan Finke, the new Area 3 representative! Thanks for stepping up!
  3. Have not rec’d any request for the senior mask and flashlight distribution program. Mike has rec’d requests for more masks from seniors in the area.
  4. In Dec., Mike will be holding a meeting looking for people to fill the new vacancy of President and Treasurer (Dan has been in the position for 11 years!)
  5. We are looking to find people who can be the contact person to neighbors who speak other languages. If you are willing to be a contact/write/translate articles, please contact Mike.
Social Activities Chair’s Report  Pam Weaver – pweaver1208 [at] gmail [dot] com  Absent

  1. No report. 
NCC Representative’s Report  Scott Prigan – scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. There is no Dec. NCC meeting.
  2. There has been an increase in business start ups in the Northland area.
  3. There will be a social worker attending police runs that need a mental health expert. See an article at: https://radio.wosu.org/post/when-mental-health-crises-arise-columbus-police-brings-social-workers-along#stream/0
  4. Elevate Northland is close to finding a place to establish an office in the area.
NCC Development Representative’s Report  Ed Vanasdale – evanasdale [at] insight [dot] rr [dot] com Absent, Presented by Dave Paul

  1. 2 cases at the committee, but neither are in the immediate area.
  2. 8 cases on Dec. agenda. 3 important to the FP area. 1) The Sheetz plan for the old Walgreens facility on 161 is moving ahead as planned; 2) Nat’l Church Residence is creating a new place on Cleveland Ave.; 3) the self-storage place that replaced the old Giant Eagle is applying to get a new sign to replace the very tall GE sign.
  3. The guy who is occupying the old car wash in Tamarack Cr. is still doing business. He has not rec’d proper zoning. There is a code enforcement complaint out. Dave will push for action on this.
Website Administrator’ Report  Scott Prigan – scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. New pics in the gallery, please go to the site and check them out!
OLD AND NEW BUSINESS
Old Business  Felix Quachey – fquachey [at] AmFam [dot] com

  1. Forest Park Signs: is there a report for cost estimate? We have started work on looking into getting them redone. We have started getting estimates for the signs. We have had a local person in the neighborhood who is in the sign business made contact with the team. We will continue to keep you informed.
New Business  Felix Quachey – fquachey [at] AmFam [dot] com

  1. Dec. meeting is usually a get together in the Pres. home. This is not going to happen. Therefore, we will have a Dec. meeting.
  2. 8:27 meeting adjourned.

Submitted by Lou Bernard, FPCA Secretary

Forest Park Civic Association Meeting Minutes: October 13, 2020

Forest Park Civic Association Meeting

Meeting Date: 13 October  2020 (via ZOOM)

OFFICER REPORTS

President’s Report   Felix Quachey – fquachey [at] AmFam [dot] com

  1. 7:02 PM Meeting called to order. Pledge of Allegiance was said.
  2. Update from Sarah Pomeroy, city attorney, on Hedgewood. The court date was set in Sept. At this point, the owner and city have agreed to keep the property closed for the next couple of months. Working on the final draft of what the nuisance property agreement to be filed with the court will look like. The owners are doing their best to cooperate with the city.
  3. George Schmidt brought up issues of the deteriorating FP street signs and replacing them. The city doesn’t provide signs, we are looking into costs for signs. Ed VanA. did a complete drive of FWE/FPW, 10 streets tie into the neighborhood, but only 5 signs-all are damaged. Some are missing. All signs are weather damaged in some way. Maybe would be a good time to redesign. Should a sign be placed at every street coming into the neighborhood? 
  4. Police Liaison Officer:Officer Scott Clinger: Major issues: 1) Arborwood-homicide, 3 people shot, 1 died. In the apartments.  2) The Beechcroft  Newsstand-a robbery, the person behind the desk was armed. It was a shootout. One robber was killed, and the clerk was hurt. An arrest warrant was put out for the other robber. 3) Hotel update: Norwood Inn and Suites, they appear to be doing all they are asked to do. The Red Roof Inn is very problematic. Prostitiution and other issues. The city is getting ready to file charges on them. We have no idea what is going on with the hotel that was holding the COVID+ people; the parking lot is empty. There is security inside, but there is no one staying there.

Vice President’s Report  Scott Prigan – scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Still working on 501(c)(3) project. Form 1023 is ready to go! Need EIN first–waiting for it to be issued.

Secretary’s Report  Lou Bernard – loubernard3 [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Attendance will be taken via Participant’s List.
    1. Officers and Committee Chairs in Attendance: FQ, SP, DH, LB, RW, MS, DVM, KVM, EV, AR, ER, MS, and SL. 
    2. Area Representatives in attendance: 9, 11, 12
    3. Area Representatives Absent: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10,13, 14
  2. Minutes from last month have been approved.
  3. Over 25 people showed for this month’s Zoom meeting. Thanks to all who attended.

Treasurer’s Report  Dan Hartzell – danbob1 [at] email [dot] com

  1. $775+ for membership, 1 business membership 
  2. $18.29 net income for the month–we have passed our membership from last year by 1!  More memberships have come in, and are in the process of being recorded.
  3. We are currently very close to breaking even, just a little under budget.
  4. The budget was accepted and passed. See budget in this month’s Forester

Public Relations Officer’s Report  Mary Sguerra – Mary.Sguerra [at] HERrealtors [dot] com

  1. Rec’d phone calls from Hazelwood. Work trailers in the street. Suggested that they call 311. Mary drove by to check it out. No laws or code being broken.
  2. Another call about a house that was using old tires as planters. She let them know that this is not a FPCA issue, and they are allowed to decorate that way if they want. 
  3. Beggar’s Night-Oct.29, 6-8 pm. The FPCA is not having any events for the Halloween holiday due to COVID-19.
  4. The Karl Rd. Library is open for browsing and getting books. – Ken Gilbert

Forester Editor’s Report   Rita Woeste – forester_ed [at] fpcivic [dot] org

  1. Deadline for the Forester is the 15th. Nov. deadline is 13th (for the Dec. Forester)
  2. David Laughlin reports-We have new deliverers. Yay! Thanks for stepping up.
  3. We have only 100 extra copies of the Forester. If you know of places that could use copies, please contact Rita

Supplemental Security Officer’s Report  Daryl Van Mercetta – dvanmercetta [at] gmail [dot] com, Katie Van Mercetta – kvanmercetta [at] gmail [dot] com 

  1. Officer Clinger covered most of it.
  2. There were a few home checks by the Supp. Security, and all homes have been safe and secure.
  3. Don’t call the Supp.Sec. company if you see problems. Call the Police! Please talk to your neighbors first if you feel safe, maybe you can work it out first!

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Business Representative’s Report  Sheridan Landin – sheridanlandon [at] yahoo [dot] com , Alan Ray – aray.bergahorn [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. One new business membership–Smoke Outlet on Dublin-Granville Rd.
  2. Sheridan is continuing to go up and down 161. He has made 15 new contacts, he is trying to push them to join.

Welcome Committee Chair’s Report  Ellin Ray – eclaire1226 [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Not going door to door until this pandemic is over. When the pandemic is over, we will have lots of welcome folders to deliver!

Volunteer Coordinator’s Report  Mike Stone – msto0103 [at] yahoo [dot] com

  1. Area 3 Rep–Ryan Finkey will step into the role.
  2. Fran Ryan, The Village, is distributing flashlights to seniors during the potential upcoming bad weather. Look for info from Mike in the Forester.
  3. We have been getting volunteers that are interested in helping in beautification!
  4. We are still planning on a door hanging membership update in the next month.
  5. Dave Paul will get a membership list to Mike very soon of the people who have joined in the past, but haven’t yet.

Social Activities Chair’s Report  Pam Weaver – pweaver1208 [at] gmail [dot] com 

  1. There is nothing currently being planned since we are in the middle of the pandemic.
  2. Beggar’s Night-Oct.29, 6-8 pm. The FPCA is not having any events for the Halloween holiday.

NCC Representative’s Report  Scott Prigan – scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com

  1. Karl Road Library is a polling place, thus closed election day. Otherwise some browsing allowed, etc 
  2. Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission Trail Project — a BIG DEAL was shared. eventually bikeways from Hamilton Rd to Antrim Lake etc. NCC gave a letter of support to the project!

NCC Development Representative’s Report  Ed Vanasdale – evanasdale [at] insight [dot] rr [dot] com

  1. Case 1) A convenience store/fast food/fuel–out by Hamilton Rd. – NCC rec. Approval
  2. Case 2) Did not approve a multifamily housing unit 
  3. Case 3) Sheetz is scheduled to be built at old Walgreens across from old Giant Eagle,975 E. Dublin-Granville Rd.
  4. Case 4) Recommended to approve a multi-family housing unit on Maple Canyon.
  5. Case 5) Recommended to approve Nat’l Church Residence senior housing unit to be built in Salem Village.
  6. Case 6) Recommended to approve the height change of a detached garage on the Hardman property

Website Administrator’ Report  Scott Prigan – scottprigan+fpca [at] gmail [dot] com – No Report

Old Business  Felix Quachey – fquachey [at] AmFam [dot] com

New Business  Felix Quachey – fquachey [at] AmFam [dot] com

  1. Looking for people to join a committee/team to work on the sign project: Ed VA, Felix Q, Daryl VM,and Lou B.
  2. Tim & Lisa Dove – Beautification Award Winner – on Lindenwood have trains in the backyard. Look for a sign in the front yard when it’s fine to come and visit! Look on Facebook for notices as well! 

8:30 Meeting Adjourned

Submitted by Lou Bernard, FPCA Secretary