Forest Park Civic Association Meeting
14 December 2021 – Fiesta Jalisco – Officers and Board Meeting
Meeting called to order @ 6:40 PM by Scott Prigan
Attendance was taken via role call.
President’s Report Scott Prigan email@example.com
- Scott welcomed all to the meeting.
- It was explained that in order to qualify for 501(c)(3) the IRS wanted us to add language to our Constitution in two areas: 1) the Activities of the FPCA, and 2) Provisions for Dissolution (see Below). The Amendments to the Constitution were read out loud to those present. A very thorough discussion was held concerning each of the two areas. The officers and board unanimously voted to approve the amendments. The amendments will now be brought to the full FPCA at the January meeting for review, discussion, and a vote to add them to the existing FPCA constitution.
- The official meeting was adjourned at the conclusion of the voting. No other reports were given.
Vice President’s Report No Report – The position is now vacant.
Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Officers/Committee Chairs Present: SP, LB, MS, RW, DVM, KVM, SL, SB, MS, KG, EV
- Officers/Committee Chairs Absent: CL. FQ, AR, ER, LK-B, DP
- Area Reps in Attendance: 2, 5, 9
- Area Reps Absent: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 (Areas 3, 13, and 14 remain vacant )
Treasurer’s Report Cheryl Lutman email@example.com Absent
Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra Mary.Sguerra@HERrealtors.com
Forester Editor’s Report Rita Woeste firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – email@example.com Absent
Volunteer Coordinator Scott Biggs/Mike Stone
Social Activities Report Liz Kengeter-Bash firstname.lastname@example.org Absent
NCC Representative Ken Gilbert email@example.com
Website Administrator Scott Prigan firstname.lastname@example.org
The next meeting will be held on January 22, 2022. Happy holidays to you all -Wishing you Peace in the new year.
Meeting adjourned at 7:10 PM
Proposed Amendments to Forest Park Civic Association Constitution
Changes needed to clarify non-profit status per I.R.S. guidance for Federal 501(c)(3) recognition, to be voted on at the January 2022 general meeting.
We propose to add items C and D to Article II – Name and Purpose:
Article II – Name and Purpose
C. Activities of FPCA:
- The Forest Park Civic Association is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations described under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
- No part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers, or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes described in section 501(c)(3).
- No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.
D. Dissolution Provisions:
Upon the dissolution of this organization, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose.