Forest Park Civic Association Meeting
Date: 11 July 2023
Location: Epworth United Methodist Church
Meeting called to order @ 7:03 PM by Ed Vanasdale
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Attendance was taken via role call.
President Ed Vanasdale email@example.com
- Discussed the parade and the great time that was had. The Bikes-n-Trikes event was very successful. Thank you to all those that helped or participated. Thanked Catharine Gilbert for helping to organize all the cheerleading groups!
- Block Watch and Code Issues meetings are now at new times. Please be aware.
- Thanks to Andrea for the great job organizing the Dirty Frank’s Hotdog food truck on Monday.
- There will be no August FPCA meetings (Block Watch, Code, and Civic Assoc.). In August, we will attend the NCC Picnic. (See the NCC report below)
Guest Speaker: none
Vice President Trevor Secord firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Night Out event at the North YMCA on Tues., August 1st for the Forest Park Civic Association. The event will be from 5-8pm. There will be food, inflatables and games.
- See 11 July NCC meeting report in the Forester.
Secretary Lou Bernard – email@example.com
- Officers/Committee Chairs Present: EV, LB, CL, DVM, SL, SB, AP, RW
- At the NCC Meeting: TS, KG, DP
- Officers/Committee Chairs Absent: MS, MB, AR, ER, KVM
- Area Reps in Attendance: 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13
- Area Reps Absent: 1, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 14 (Area 14 remains vacant )
- Total meeting attendance: 23
- Reviewed minutes from June, there were a few email errors and typos. They were all corrected on the online version and official record of the minutes.
- Attendance Sheet thru July: https://www.fpcivic.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/2023-FPCA-Attendance-Thru-July.pdf
Treasurer Cheryl Lutman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 109 new household memberships – thank you! Of the 21 coming through PayPal, 17 elected to also pay the fee – thank you!
- Additional sums were donated to our functional areas of security, beautification and the Forester – thank you as well!
- Advertising revenue for the month was $645.00 – covering approximately 65% of the cost of printing.
- Major expenses include US Protection for our security patrols, our annual membership in NCC, the garage sale ad, and the maintenance of the islands. We also paid to print the Forester and Rita ordered bags.
- The other major item is the bank assessed a fee of $45.50. It was found out that 5th/3rd is now charging a fee on all checks processed. We are looking for a new bank with lower or no fees.
Public Relations Mary Sguerra – email@example.com Absent – no report
Forester Editor Rita Woeste – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next Thursday, July 20, is the deadline for the August Forester, the first week in August will be the delivery date.
- Blue Ash still needs to be covered. Lou Bernard and Laura Hayes are now covering routes on the Forester delivery squad.
- Lowell Lutman has been doing a great job getting ads for the Forester.
Supplemental Security Daryl Van Mercetta – email@example.com, Katie Van Mercetta – firstname.lastname@example.org Absent, Dan Yandrich (CPD Liaison Officer) – email@example.com 614.645.1418
Don’t forget about the Block Watch meeting at 6:00-6:30 pm before the Civic Association meetings except in Aug. See the complete report in the Forester.
Business Representative Marty Biggs – Marlynabiggs@yahoo.com Absent Sheridan Landon – firstname.lastname@example.org Alan Ray – email@example.com Absent
- Reached out to Hadler Companies once again and spoke with Mindy. She said she would forward emailed information to the president and expressed interest in a business card size ad, as well. We will follow up again via email next week.
- Does anyone know any local business owners that might be interested in a business membership? Or are YOU a local business owner who would like a reasonable place to advertise? Contact Marty Biggs at the above email address.
Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org Absent
Report by Lou Bernard
- We are in the process of bringing back the Welcome Folders for new homeowners. I have been running around this week gathering materials and finding them online to put into the folders. The plan will be that when everything is gathered and ready to go, that we will do a folder stuffing. We will stuff approximately 200+ folders (enough) for the whole year. The committee chair only needs to find the names and addresses of the new homeowners and bring the folders to the meeting or get them to the area reps for delivery. We are hoping to get these back by September at the latest. We feel some of the lack of membership has been because of lag in getting new homeowners to join right away.
- We will need 2 things: 1) about 4 or 5 volunteers to help stuff the folders and 2) approximately $300-500 to cover the cost of the printing of the folders and any copies that will go into the folder. There was a discussion about the need for folders. Some members were worried about the cost, then Area 13 Rep, Mark Bell, stepped up and made an offer to match dollar for dollar the amount raised to cover the cost of the supplies and the printing. We collected $165 at the meeting! Thank you to Mark and all those who have donated!!! If you are interested in donating, contact Lou Bernard, Secretary, or Cheryl Lutman, Treasurer. Their emails are in the minutes.
Volunteer Coordinator Scott Biggs – email@example.com
- Thanks to everyone who was in attendance at the meeting and those who marched in the parade, helped with the parade, and judged the Bikes-n-Trikes.
- We received 5 new memberships from members at the Dirty Franks event. We are looking for people to volunteer to sit at the Forest Park Membership table at the Buckeye Shaved Ice event at the YMCA this Friday, July 14.
- Prince Pizza is taking over the old Dairy Queen Spot in Tamarack Circle.
Social Activities Andrea Philipsen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanked everyone for their support at the Dirty Frank’s event. We need to continue to have a table at all upcoming events. Dirty Frank’s was a success. 60+ people attended. Lou B. & Scott B. had a FP table collecting memberships. Thanks to all who came out!
- Upcoming Events:
- THIS Friday, July 14, 4-6pm Buckeye Shaved Ice at the YMCA
- Aug 11th (Friday) 8pm: Karaoke at Sequoia Bowl
- Aug. 21st (Monday) 5-8 pm: Tortilla Mexican Street Food Truck at the YMCA
- Aug. 26th (Saturday) 7-8:30 pm: Concert on the Driveway at the Dove Household (5785 Lindenwood Rd). For more info, see “The Forest Park Gardener’s” article in this month’s Forester.
- Aug. 28th (Monday) 8-10 am: Bushel and Bean Coffee Truck at the YMCA
- Check Facebook and Forester for upcoming events.
NCC Representatives Ken Gilbert – email@example.com Trevor Secord – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catherine Gilbert attended the Stakeholder Open House for the 161 Roundabout Project. She passed out packets from the meeting to those in attendance at the civic association meeting.
- NCC Picnic Info: From the Northland Community Council: Instead of our usual meeting in August, we will be hosting our annual NCC Picnic on August 8th at Blendon Woods Park, Dogwood Area. We have the pavilion for the entire day so feel free to come out early and enjoy all that the park has to offer. Dinner will be served at 6:30. NCC will provide hamburgers, hot dogs and brats, please bring a dish to share. At 7pm we will have a very brief meeting and please be sure that your community is represented as it does count towards attendance. We encourage you to invite your communities to join us for a day of fun and camaraderie. I have attached a flyer for the picnic for your convenience.
See 11 July NCC meeting report in the Forester.
NCC Development Representative Ed Vanasdale – email@example.com
- The old “Olive Garden” or “Buckeye Crazy” has been razed by the owner to sell as land only.
- 4 cases were heard, only 1 case pertains to our area: Application to use variance to permit four 40′ x 8′ permanent storage containers to be installed and maintained on the site (it was tabled March 2023). The NCC Committee recommended disapproval.
- The old China Dynasty (next to the Chipotle on Rt. 161) is being renovated into a Mexican restaurant.
- Don’t forget about the Development/311 Meeting at 6:30-7:00 pm before the Civic Association meetings. No meetings in August–the next meetings will be held on Tuesday, September 12th.
Website Administrators Scott Biggs – firstname.lastname@example.org Dave Paul – email@example.com
Our website and Facebook pages are always – always being updated with new and upcoming info! Please check them out!!
OLD BUSINESS None
NEW BUSINESS/ANNOUNCEMENTS/IDEAS None
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 PM
Meeting minutes submitted by Lou Bernard, Secretary, FPCA