Forest Park Civic Association Meeting
Date: 13 December 2022
Location: Fujiyama Steak House of Japan – Officers and Board Meeting/Holiday Gathering
Meeting called to order @ 6:20 PM by Ed Vanasdale
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Attendance was taken via role call.
President’s Report Ed Vanasdale – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanked everyone present for all of their hard work and efforts over the past year.
- Correction on information concerning the Homeless Board’s intent when acquiring the hotel next to Popeye’s. The hotel owner would like to have the property rezoned from “hotel use” to “multi-family use” (i.e. apartments). They would lease the building for one year to the Homeless Shelter Board with the HSB assisting in paying people’s rent for one year. Please come to hear their proposal and you will have a chance to ask questions and voice any concerns. This is an important issue for our neighborhood and your input will be important.
- A motion was put forth to postpone the January officer and board elections until February. The motion passed, and elections will take place at the February meeting.
- If anyone is interested in running for one of the officer or board positions, please contact President Ed Vanasdale or Secretary Lou Bernard to place your name on the ballot.
Vice President’s Report Trevor Secord – email@example.com – No Report
Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Officers/Committee Chairs Present: EV, TS, LB, CL, MS, RW, DVM, KVM, MB, SB, MS, KG, DP
- Officers/Committee Chairs Absent: FQ, ER, AR, SL
- Area Reps in Attendance: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11
- Area Reps Absent: 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 (Areas 4, 13, and 14 remain vacant )
- 26 People in attendance
- Changes to November minutes were reviewed, voted on, and approved into the official record.
Treasurer’s Report Cheryl Lutman – email@example.com
A budget meeting will be held next week with the executive board to decide where cuts need to take place due to budget shortfall caused by low membership returns.
We need 118 more household memberships (we’ve received 21 in December). We received Karl Road church’s business membership in November, and Jonathan Allen Landscaping and Epworth United Methodist in December. That puts us at $275 – which is over what was budgeted based on prior years. Thank you to the Business Representatives for your efforts!
Expenses are in line. Our plan calls for two more print runs of the Forester, and another bag order. We’ve also budgeted for security for the rest of the year. While we appreciate Ellin’s comments relating to the folders, she’s used all the funds earmarked for the Welcome Committee for this year. However, that’s ~$490 that can be put back in for 2023.
Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra – Mary.Sguerra@HERrealtors.com – No Report
Forester Editor’s Report Rita Woeste – firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles due on Dec. 28th. January is an ONLINE ONLY issue.
Supplemental Security Report – No Report
Daryl Van Mercetta – email@example.com
Katie Van Mercetta – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Yandrich (CPD Liaison Officer) – email@example.com 614.645.1418 Absent
Business Representative – No Report
Sheridan Landin – firstname.lastname@example.org Absent
Alan Ray – email@example.com Absent
Marty Biggs – Marlynabiggs@yahoo.com
Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org – No Report Absent
Volunteer Coordinator Scott Biggs – email@example.com – No Report
Social Activities Report Vacant – No Report
NCC Representative Ken Gilbert – firstname.lastname@example.org – No Report
NCC Development Representative Ed Vanasdale – email@example.com
Dave Paul – firstname.lastname@example.org – No Report
The next meeting will be 10 January 2023!! We wish you happy holidays and peace in the new year.
Meeting adjourned at 6:50 PM
Minutes submitted by Lou Bernard, Secretary, FPCA