Forest Park Civic Association Meeting
9 March 2021 – Online Zoom Meeting
Meeting called to order and Pledge of Allegiance opened the meeting @ 7:01 PM by Scott Prigan
President’s Report Scott Prigan email@example.com
- Scott welcomed all to the meeting.
- Block Watch needs a new leader. Ken Gilbert and Ed Vanasdale are willing to help out. Contact Ed @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Ryan Finke is requesting to be nominated as Vice President. Mike Stone gave the nomination speech. Ryan introduced himself. Ryan was unanimously voted into office.
Vice President’s Report Ryan Finke email@example.com
We would like to welcome Ryan to his new position. Congratulations!
Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance will be taken via Zoom Participation List.
- Officers Present: SP, RF, LB, CL, MS, RW, DVM, SL, AR, ER, MS, EV, KG (100% attendance) (Social Activities Chair remains vacant)
- Area Reps in Attendance: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9
- Area Reps Absent: 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 (Areas 3, 13, and 14 remain vacant )
Treasurer’s Report Cheryl Lutman email@example.com
- Emailed Feb. financials to all. Check the budget in this month’s Forester.
- Working on gathering the list of business memberships by going back through the past year’s records, this should be done by next week.
Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra Mary.Sguerra@HERrealtors.com
We are going to be having the Annual FPCA Garage Sale on May 15th. The form will be in the April and May Forester, if you would like to advertise.
Forester Editor’s Report Rita Woeste firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles are due March 18th. Rita would like bios of area reps. and board members.
- Articles for the April issue are due on April 14th, due to tax day, the printer needs them a little earlier.
- Rita needs to have an upgrade for the MS Office program she is using — $70/year – this will be paid from the Forester budget.
- Cherrywood Court–We are starting to get video and pics of the culprit. Police are making patrols to check things out.
- Call 911 for shots being fired.
- Panhandlers are around. Drive carefully around them. Remember they continue to be in the area because they are making money. Officer Clinger believes if people stopped giving them money, they would leave.
- Unemployment fraud scams are on the rise, contact the Attorney General, and check with your credit companies.
- People have been stealing catalytic converters in the area. Just be aware.
- They have not been out to check on businesses. Hoping the nice weather will allow them to get out and talk to the area businesses.
- If there are any businesses who would like to join please contact Sheridan.
Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – email@example.com
- Still have bags of Welcome Folders for 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13
- Ellin needs more folders. Treas. is looking into finding where the last ones were purchased so she can order more.
Volunteer Coordinator Mike Stone firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP role has now been filled.
- We have secured a few more people for Forester delivery. Thank you.
- We need an Area 3, 12, and 13 Reps. We also need a Social Activity Rep.
- We are still looking to make connections into the Nepali/Butanese community. Ryan Finke may have a contact.
- 2021 Membership Drive Discussion. The membership drive is coming up. Last year everything was put together in the houses of members, and then distributed. What is the vision for this May-June? Door-to-door? There was an in-depth discussion, it was decided to be scheduled to go out in June 2021, and distributed.
Social Activities Report Position is Vacant
If you are interested please contact Mike Stone email@example.com
NCC Representative Ken Gilbert firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Gilbert has been appointed as the new representative to the Northland Community Council.
- The Karl Rd. Library is open, and also has many online resources.
- Graffiti on the Morse Rd. has been directed to police. If you see graffiti, please report it (614) 645-4545.
- The city attorney is keeping an eye on the local hotels in the area to make sure they are adhering to code.
6 cases were heard, but nothing really affecting FP at this time.
Website Administrator Scott Prigan email@example.com
www.fpcivic.org is the site. Check it out for updates.
Old Business Scott Prigan firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Committee: 3 businesses are being contacted for bids about the sign. The 5 signs that are still standing will be replaced first. Phase II will involve possible replacing the other 5 where the posts and signs have been removed. All is contingent upon the replacement costs.
New Business Scott Prigan email@example.com
- Bonnie Freeman: Block Watch – needs to get re-established and maybe needs their own Zoom account. Discussion took place. If we can get someone to take over the Block Watch, we will work with them to get a Zoom account if they need one. Any volunteers to head up the Block Watch?
- Katirna Kerns in a new Area 1 Rep.
- Thoughts of having an outdoor meeting? Discussion was had. Look for an announcement as the weather continues to get better.
- In the pool area in FP West-construction is going on!!! Yay!!
- Mr. Frankenfield had the idea that area reps and board members need ID badges especially when going door-to-door. The executive board will look into purchasing laminated badges for everyone. Thanks for the great idea!!