Open House for State Route 161 Corridor Improvements – Phase 2 (Ambleside Dr. to Maple Canyon)
The City of Columbus and the Ohio Dept. of Transportation are hosting an Open House to discuss the second phase of proposed improvements to St. Rt. 161 (Dublin-Granville Rd.). This work is planned for the 2026 and 2027 construction seasons.
Phase 2 will include significant road construction, utility relocations, and detours.
Open House for Residents:
Thursday, June 29, 2023
11 am to 1 pm and 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Karl Rd. Library Branch, Meeting Rooms 1 & 2
5590 Karl Rd.
Residents unable to attend can find more information and submit comments at the link below.
The first phase of this project includes current roundabout-related construction work on Karl Rd. and Maple Canyon.
- Replace traffic signals at intersections of 161 and Tamarack/Sharon Woods and Beechcroft Rd.
- Shared use path on the north and south sides of 161 between Ambleside and Maple canyon
- Improve side streets along Tamarack/Sharon Woods and Beechcroft Rd. (install urban roundabouts, widen and repave streets, replace/install sidewalks, raised median between the roundabouts)
- Curbs, curb ramps, street lighting, storm sewer improvements.
Project Goals and Needs
The project intends to improve safety and traffic operations while meeting identified needs including:
- Improving access management
- Accommodating future developments consistent with the City of Columbus access management standards and guidelines
- Improving safety at the service road intersections
- Improve Improving traffic flow
More information is available here: