Forest Park Civic Association Meeting
Date: 14 Mar 2023
Location: Epworth United Methodist Church
Meeting called to order @ 7:05 PM by Ed Vanasdale
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Attendance was taken via role call.
President Ed Vanasdale firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discussed power outage last week. A large oak tree took out a major power line, 6 poles, and the back of a home. There was discussion about having AEP come to discuss general things to do in case of a power outage and other preventative measures. Ed will make calls to get a rep here as a guest speaker.
- Cheryl Lutman discussed budget short falls and ways to address them. We are currently $2300 in the hole. 2800 homes in FP, only 480 joined. We are going to run with the budget having a slight deficit, and hoping to get more households. A motion was put forth, voted on, and passed that the membership fee will be raised to $30 for this year forward.
- The question about continuing to allow Areas 13 & 14 to participate in the FPCA. They have not had a rep since anyone can remember. This will be discussed at the next meeting when membership numbers and cost involved in keeping them on, will be presented.
- Due to budget and delivery concerns, the Welcome Folder will be put on hiatus. There will soon be a meeting to discuss the future upgrade of the Welcome Folder.
Vice President Trevor Secord email@example.com See NCC Rep Report
Secretary Lou Bernard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Officers/Committee Chairs Present: EV, TS, LB, CL, MS, RW, DVM, KVM, MB, SB, KG, DP
- Officers/Committee Chairs Absent: FQ, AR, SL, ER (Social Activities remains vacant)
- Area Reps in Attendance: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11
- Area Reps Absent: 3, 4, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 (Areas 4, 13 and 14 remain vacant )
- Minutes from February were reviewed, approved, and voted into the official record.
Treasurer Cheryl Lutman – email@example.com
- Please see the Treasurer’s report in this month’s Forester. We received 6 household memberships and 4 business memberships – Schoedinger Funeral Home, Massey’s Pizza, Karl Road Christian Church and Cindy Fenstermaker.
- Expenses were limited to our security patrols.
- Right now, we have a surplus. We have the check written to Insley Printing for $985 for the March Forester clearing in early March, plus just paid for three more security patrols – $562. We also need to renew our PO Box later this month, and that is $248
- So far in March, we have one household membership and Mary S. renewed her business membership. Plus, we have advertisers checks of $770 to deposit.
- Cheryl has prepared and filed our 990-PF last week. No taxes were due.
- Our new advertising manager, Lowell Lutman, went through all the advertising information received, and is reaching out to the advertisers to find out about the next issue. We will be emailing the invoices and his email for this purpose is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct anyone making inquiries there. All payments should be sent to:
Forest Park Civic Association
Attn: Advertising Manager
PO Box 29160
Columbus, OH 43229
Public Relations Mary Sguerra – email@example.com
- May 20th FP Garage Sale.
- May 20th FP Bowling Party from 12-3 pm, $15/person to bowl, free shoes, 3 hours of bowling at Sequoia Lanes. There will be another day for a bowling party on September 17th.
- 3 new business memberships! Sequoia is one of them!! Circle Drive Thru and Circle SMoke Shop and Gabby’s are now business members.
Forester Editor’s Rita Woeste – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles are due by Friday the 17th.
- There is a lucky ticket in one bag for FP East and FP West. The ticket entitles you to a gift card, please contact Rita.
- Membership Month in May. April 22nd, Saturday will be the stuffing day for this year’s membership drive.
- Looking for people to help deliver Foresters.
Supplemental Security Daryl Van Mercetta – email@example.com,
Katie Van Mercetta – firstname.lastname@example.org Dan Yandrich (CPD Liaison Officer)
- Supplemental Security continues to operate in the neighborhood. 2 house checks this month.
- Stay vigilant and stay in contact with your neighbors.
- No report from Officer Yandrich.
Business Representative Marty Biggs – Marlynabiggs@yahoo.com Sheridan Landin – email@example.com– Absent Alan Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org– Absent
Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – email@example.com – Absent
There are welcome folders to pass out. Area reps need to attend meetings to get the folders to pass out to our new neighbors.
Volunteer Coordinator Scott Biggs – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Library and Rec Center have been contacted about becoming regular contributors to the Forester. No word back from them.
- Working with Dave Paul to update our FP database of members and households.
- Mulch Sale/Fundraiser: Ohio Mulch will sell us mulch at a discounted price and then we sell it to residents for a fundraiser. A vote was taken and there will be the first annual FP Mulch Sale.
- Thanks to all those residents helping to maintain the flower boxes at the entrances to the neighborhood.
- We have a potential member to become Area 4 Rep. That will be confirmed by next week.
- Thanks to all volunteers and reps you are doing great.
Social Activities Vacant – No Report
NCC Representative Ken Gilbert – email@example.com Trevor Secord – firstname.lastname@example.org
See separate article in the Forester
NCC Development Representative Ed Vanasdale – email@example.com
4 cases were heard. But only one near or concerning Forest Park:
Application to reduce the building setback from 110 feet from R/W to 12 feet from the future right of way
Horizon Science Academy Inc., 2350 Morse Rd, 43229
- The Committee approved (16-0) a motion (by FPCA/BCCA) to RECOMMEND APPROVAL WITH ONE (1) CONDITION:
- That the text of the Statement of Support and the site plan be revised to reflect that the variance requested is modified, from 12′ from the future R/W, to 70′ from the existing R/W with approval of a waiver of Right of Way Dedication recommended by the Division of Traffic Management.
Website Administrator Scott Biggs – firstname.lastname@example.org Dave Paul – email@example.com
The website has been updated, and old links have been fixed. If you have any problems using or accessing anything on the website, please let us know.
The last Thursday of every month, various FPCA officers, committee chairs, and reps will be meeting at Gabby’s at Tamarack Circle for conversation and cheer. Come and meet the FPCA leadership and share your good ideas and some goodwill. We will meet from around 6:30-8:30. We are hoping to make this a regular happening, and we look forward to seeing you.
Meeting adjourned at 8:13 PM
Meeting minutes submitted by Lou Bernard, Secretary, FPCA