Forest Park Civic Association Meeting
Date: 14 Feb 2023
Location: Epworth United Methodist Church
Meeting called to order @ 7:02PM by Ed Vanasdale
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Attendance was taken via role call.
President’s Report Ed Vanasdale firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elections were held for the positions of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The slate of candidates included Ed Vanasdale (P), Trevor Secord (VP), Lou Bernard (S), and Cheryl Lutman (T). All ran unopposed, and were reelected. Assistant City Attorney, Sarah Pomeroy, joined the meeting via Zoom and swore in all officers, committee chairs, and area reps who were present.
- Ed thanked all who attended the different meetings about the hotel issue. They went down to the meeting of the Development Commission of the City of Columbus. The committee suggested the Shelter Bd. table the issue until they can come back with a new proposal that will answer the serious concerns the commission had. The FPCA and NCC reps will be back at the future meetings to stand up for our neighborhood!! Your membership dollars at work!
Vice President’s Report Trevor Secord email@example.com
Gave NCC Report
Secretary’s Report Lou Bernard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Officers/Committee Chairs Present: EV, TS, LB, CL, MS, RW, DVM, MB, SL, SB, DP
- Officers/Committee Chairs Absent: FQ, AR, ER, KG, KVM
- Area Reps in Attendance: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11
- Area Reps Absent: 3, 4, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 (Areas 4, 13 and 14 remain vacant )
- 23 people in attendance/Guest Speaker: City Attorney Sarah Pomeroy
- Reviewed and approved minutes from the January meeting.
Treasurer’s Report Cheryl Lutman – email@example.com
- 3 new household memberships
- Shout out to the FP Business Reps–2 new business memberships – Forest Park Christian School and Krieger Ford. Good work to our business membership team! And, to give a quick update, in February, we received business memberships from Cindy Fenstermaker, Massey’s Pizza and Karl Road Christian Church.
- At the end of January, we were $250 over budget from what was projected for business memberships. With the three new ones, we are $475 over! That definitely helps with our household membership shortfall of $900.
- Expenses are greatly reduced, with the final security patrols being paid and no payments for Forester Printing. We are currently positive cash flow to the tune of $3,705.78. Remaining expenses that I am aware of for fiscal 2023 (ends March 31st), are the renewal of our post office box for approximately $232. April Forester will be a hard copy and delivered. We probably want to carry over about $2,800 into the next budget year (April 1st) as we’ll need to renew our bulk mail permit and pay for the printing of the household data sheets before the membership income starts rolling.
- As a final note, Cheryl’s husband is standing by to take over the advertising job. We haven’t heard anything from anyone (though Massey’s did pay $40 for an ad).
Public Relations Report Mary Sguerra – Mary.Sguerra@HERrealtors.com
- The FP Spring Garage Sale date is being finalized and will be released soon.
- There are not many concerns coming in from area residents, so that is good.
- Long time resident and FPCA Volunteer Frank Tolbard passed away earlier this month. See the article in this Forester.
Forester Editor’s Report Rita Woeste – firstname.lastname@example.org
- DUE date for March Forester items is Friday February 17. Can’t stress enough need for articles/ads/photos/news in a timely manner.
- Could we find a volunteer who might want to contact either local schools or churches for local news from them (I don’t have time to do it)?
- Flyer/PDF of 2023 Meeting & Due dates concerning the Forester were emailed to the FPCA list.
- NEED a decision this week on whether we will print the April Forester so that the printer has time to order paper, etc…
- Paul, our Printer is requesting: if they are planning on printing the envelopes , for membership drive, I will need some advanced notice to insure I have the envelopes – still hard to get.
- Need substitute delivery person to handle FPWest, Ironwood Drive for the month of March 56 homes total
- Looking for NEW delivery person to handle 12 homes FPEast, on Rolling Rock Court, Area 13
- Looking for NEW delivery person to handle FPEast, Northcliff Loop East, West & North, 37 homes, Area 10
- And possibly, NEW delivery person needed in FPWest, for Pegwood Court & Drive, 38 homes, Area 2
Supplemental Security Report Daryl Van Mercetta – email@example.com,
Katie Van Mercetta – firstname.lastname@example.org Dan Yandrich (CPD Liaison Officer)
email@example.com 614.645.1418 See Officer Dandrich’s Report in this issue.
- Massey’s Pizza is now a business member and donated gift cards to be used as awards by the FPCA.
- Cal-Fit Center is seriously considering becoming a member.
- Krieger Ford has become a member, as well.
Welcome Committee Chair Ellin Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome folders were passed out to the Reps present.
Volunteer Coordinator Scott Biggs – email@example.com
- Thank you to Rev. Jennifer Kimball Casto of Epworth UMC for their membership and the use of the church as our meeting space.
- We have a new official FPCA Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Check us out on social media.
Social Activities Report Vacant
NCC Representative Ken Gilbert – firstname.lastname@example.org
See the report in article in this Forester.
NCC Development Representative Ed Vanasdale – email@example.com
There were 2 cases heard this month, but only one (1) case pertains to FP:
Application to permit the use of a former hotel property containing 82 units for long-term, permanent supportive housing under lease to Homefull; concurrent variances to maintain an existing vehicular easement across the property, and to maintain the existing billboard on the site; and to reduce required parking spaces to the existing 106 from the 123 required without variance for this use. Address: 1289 E Dublin-Granville Rd, 43229 • The Committee approved (15-0) RECOMMEND DISAPPROVAL of the applications.
OLD BUSINESS No Report
The idea was discussed to have a monthly informal get together at Gabby’s. It would give residents a chance to meet and talk with the FPCA officers, committee chairs, and reps. Possible dates are being discussed. Look for more in the future.
Meeting adjourned at 8:14 PM
Meeting minutes submitted by Lou Bernard, Secretary, FPCA